Life has gotten very busy the last few weeks. Here are a few things I've learned:
- The loss of a pet always leaves a hole in your family...even if that hole is rat shaped.
- Driving from the coast of South Carolina to the St. Louis area in one day is a long drive, no matter how many times you tell yourself that it's just a "hop, skip, and a jump".
- Good health is precious and easily taken for granted.
- Being the "coat watcher" is a blessing when your sitting on a hard floor.
- A wonderful husband is a gift. A mother-in-law who's willing to step into your place for a few days to help keep all the plates spinning and balls rolling is like getting a wonderful free bonus gift.
- There really is no place like home.
The photo above was taken in my sister's back yard in South Carolina. They have a marsh view and the live oaks and Spanish moss are beautiful.