Friday, November 04, 2005

Where did the damn Yankee come from?

I suppose living for 7 years at the tippy top of Illinois left it's mark on me some way.



Your Linguistic Profile:



80% General American English

10% Dixie

5% Midwestern

5% Yankee

0% Upper Midwestern





The girls and I went to our local yarn shop last night. Savannah just wanted to go and do some more work on her felted bag. Ciara and I took a beginner knitting class. We all had lots of fun. Ciara did a great job, and really started to get the hang of it. I can see right now that this will be an expensive hobby. This morning, I was working on my knitting project while I was watching the news. Zip, the ancient one, was all curled up beside me. Ciara remarked that she needed to get the camera because I looked like "those knitting people who always have a cat by them". Ooh, that's sexy...

-k

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I had 5% Yankee too! must be all that infernal book learnin'.

yay! I'm excited that Ciara is enjoying learning to knit now.