Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Come on in!







This is the front door of the gingerbread house the girls made. I think they did a great job on it. I always wanted to make a gingerbread house when I was a kid, but never did. Now that I'm a mom, the big perk is that I get to live vicariously through MY kids! I bought a kit for cheap at Aldi, which is the giver of all good, cheap things. It had house bits, candy, and two bags of icing. One thing I learned is that two bags of icing just ain't enough. Thank goodness I had some ancient powdered sugar rattling around the back of the cabinet. The roof alone is so coated with "snow" that it's a miracle the wieght of it hasn't caused it to just fold in on itself. They had fun decorating it, and mommy is still vaccuuming up sprinkles.

It's the gift that just keeps on giving.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is freakin awesome! You know, our beloved Fancy aunt would enjoy the wholesomeness of a gingerbread house. Perhaps you should send her a pic. Put a little toothpick cross on top of it for good measure.

musicgeek said...

I think it will be more of a non-denominational gingerbread house.

Of course, I could send a pic to Aunt Fancy after I stick a fat, laughing Buddha in the front yard. It would be worth it just to piss her off.

Jennifer said...

ooo...you could make it Unitarian! And make sure to put a little gumdrop lesbian minister out front.

I have a happy little buddha you could borrow. he's so cute!

Ragged Around the Edges said...

You are the best mom ever!

musicgeek said...

I shall make up some little gingerbread Unitarians and have them playing a game of Ultimate Frisbee on the lawn.

Ragged, thanks, I try...although I do have a day or two of the month when I want to scream something like "no more wire hangers!".